Omnia Surgical Sutures are manufactured with PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) monofilament material. Omnia PTFE sutures are ideal for any implant, periodontal and bone graft surgery where the usage of a monofilament suture with low bacterial adhesion is recommended.
Omnia PTFE sutures are soft, biologically inert and chemically non reactive. Compared to other monofilament synthetic sutures, this material is highly tolerated in the oral cavity. Further, PTFE sutures are ideal for limiting inflammation, bleeding and other collateral effects which may occur during the soft tissue procedures.
OMNIA® surgical PTFE sutures are ideal for any implant, periodontal and bone graft surgery where the usage of a monofilament suture with low bacterial adhesion is recommended.
- Great fluency among the tissues
- Excellent biocompatibility
- Biologically inert so to contain inflammation along the suturing borders
- Comfortable and soft for the patient
How to read the information on the blister:
- Each Omnia’s suture is protected by two blister: the first, in medical paper, reports manufacturing information such as date of sterilization and the production batch for an easy tracking, and the second containing all the information of the specific suture.
Characteristics of the thread:
- The Omnia’s sutures have an atraumatic strand being directly connected to the needle, the sizes covered range from 2/0 to 6/0.
- PGA – Purple
- Poliestere – Green
- PTFE – White
- Seta – Black
Characteristics of the needles:
- Diamond tip round body: The HRT needle has a quadrangular pyramid-shaped point and a round body. This needle is appreciated and suitable for oral surgery.
- Round tip round body: The HR needle is mainly used for soft tissues, and is characterized by a good penetration of tissues without causing lacerations or tissue damage.
- Sharp tip sharp body: The HS needle is also known as “triangular” needle, since it has cutting edges on the sides and outer curve.
- Extra sharp tip sharp body: The EXTRA SHARP needle is designed specifically for surgery, where cosmetic results are important.
- A set of 12 OMNIA® PTFE 4/0 Suture 75cm, Diamond Tip 18mm, per box