Arestin® Administration Handle is specially made, stainless steel handle that adjoins with Arestin cartridges to dispense the antibiotic efficiently. Once the cartridge has been removed and disposed the handle can be sterilized.
Arestin® Administration Handle is specially made, stainless steel syringe handle that adjoins with Arestin® cartridges to dispense the antibiotic efficiently. This unique thumb ring syringe handle is designed specifically for Arestin® placement. The Arestin® cartridges fit into the syringe handle and lock together. The thumb ring is for comfort and accuracy during administration. Once Arestin® has been placed into the infected periodontal pocket, the single dose cartridge is to be removed and disposed of in the regular garbage. The stainless-steel handle can be steam or heat sterilized just as you would with any other stainless-steel syringe.
Arestin® (minocycline HCl) Microspheres, 1 mg is a concentrated, locally applied antibiotic to aid in patients with chronic periodontal disease. Patients with pockets of 5mm or more, bleeding on probing and localized inflammation that cannot be controlled with SRP alone, should be treated with Arestin®. Arestin® is the most conservative approach to periodontal disease treatment prior to surgery.
- Delivers a concentrated dose directly to the base of the pocket and the active infection site
- Each cartridge allows for one 1mg dose per infected site. Use the exact dosage to achieve the predicted outcome
- Handle can be heat or steam sterilized
- Dentist or dental hygienist can place Arestin®
- Thumb ring for comfort and accuracy
The package contains: